A Mission of Bethlehem Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Provide gently used household goods and clothing
- Located at 1740 Main Street, Marianna PA, 15345
- Provided at no cost
- To any member of the community
- Open six hours a week
- Serving between 80 and 120 persons each week
We also contribute to the work of other local ministries: the Washington City Mission, The Fredericktown Senior Center, Dress for Success, and many other programs.
Christmas Gift Distribution
- Takes place the
- Provide new and gently used gifts and decorations
- We gather Christmas gifts and decorations for 10 months
- Individuals provide gifts to “fill in” gaps in our offerings (like cosmetics and tools for teens and men)
- 2015 we provided over 2500 gifts and decorations to 543 people in 133 families.
School Days Backpack and Clothing Distribution
- Takes place the first weekend in August
- School clothes (including brand-new underwear and socks)
- New Backpacks and school supplies.
- In 2017 we served 296 children. Following those two days we gave backpacks and other supplies to more than 20 additional families.
- Donations of gently used, clean, clothing, toys and household goods are always needed
- Drop off Thursday and Saturday mornings 9:00-12:00
- Financial contributions help to pay rent and keep the lights on
- Every Day we are open, nearly 10 people are present, working to serve those in need in our community.
- Among volunteers are customers, area church members, and dedicated community members.
Why We Do What We Do:
God who “executes justice for the oppressed, who gives food to the hungry” (Psalm 146:7) is revealed in Jesus, whose mission was “to bring good news to the poor . . . release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor” (Luke 4: 18-19). The kingdom of God he proclaimed became real through concrete acts of justice: feeding people, freeing them from various forms of bondage, embracing those excluded by the systems of his day, and calling his followers to a life of faithfulness to God. (ELCA Social Statement on Economic Life)